[dns-operations] K-root in CN leaking outside of CN

Anand Buddhdev anandb at ripe.net
Mon Nov 8 08:12:40 UTC 2021

Hi Davey, Manu,

The server we operate in Guangzhou was indeed reachable from outside
China. This is not the intention, of course. On Saturday, when we got
notification about this, we withdrew the prefix from the server, and we
are communicating with the host to solve this.

Many people have already said this, but I'd like to make it clear that
the K-root server was NOT emitting false responses for Facebook and
WhatsApp. The responses were being modified by something between the
server and its clients.

Regards,
Anand Buddhdev
RIPE NCC