[dns-operations] [Ext] K-root in CN leaking outside of CN

Ray Bellis ray at isc.org
Sun Nov 7 09:28:08 UTC 2021

On 06/11/2021 20:20, Manu Bretelle wrote:

> I believe back in 2013 there were no root servers in China

There most certainly were - a similar leak/poison pattern was
detected from an I root node hosted in China in March 2010.

I recall the date because Roy Arends and I had previously been studying
the spoofed answers returned by the Great Firewall of China, and then
reports of incorrect answers being seen outside of China surfaced during
a DNS session at IETF 77 at Anaheim.

Ray