[dns-operations] validating zones before distribution to secondaries

Tue May 4 13:59:56 UTC 2021

Hello!

In my setup I receive zones from various hidden primaries to my
"incoming" nameserver. Before my "distribution" nameserver fetches the
zone from the "incoming" nameserver (and hence sends NOTIFYs to the
public secondaries) I I want to perform various checks on the zone
loaded on the incoming nameserver.

Currently I use a freaky Bind9 setup with several perl scripts. Do you
know if there exists any software tool that were written for such
setups? For example a Secondary which fetches a zone not automatically
but only on request? Or a nameserver which fetches a zone but only
"loads" it if an external tool validates the zone?

Thanks

Klaus