[dns-operations] Rackspace - supported record types

Hazel hazel at hazelesque.uk
Tue Jul 27 13:29:09 UTC 2021

Hi,

Not a Rackspace staffer, but I used to work somewhere that made non-trivial
use of Rackspace services (a handful of dedicated boxes, plus low-to-mid
hundreds of Rackspace Cloud (OpenStack) VMs, across a couple of
continents), so I might be able to help.

You haven't mentioned *which* DNS service of Rackspace's - last time I used
their services, there were two different DNS products. One could only be
managed through the Rackspace My Account web portal, and the other (called
"Rackspace Cloud DNS") had both a web dashboard and an API, and the
capabilities differed between them.

Looks like for the non-Cloudy DNS service that
https://docs.rackspace.com/support/how-to/manage-dns-records-in-the-myrackspace-portal/
has your answer.

For Cloud DNS, it looks like you can find that information at
https://docs.rackspace.com/support/how-to/rackspace-cloud-dns-additional-resources

Thanks,

Hazel Smith