[dns-operations] contact to jimdo.com

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Tue Jan 26 16:52:03 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 01:16:09PM +0100, A. Schulze wrote:

> > Try doing some more queries. It's not based on the case of the query.
> >
> > Looks like a load balancer and different versions of the zone. If
> > you query for the SOA you can get two different serial numbers.
>
> "doing more queries" is not how a reolver work :-/

Of course not, that was just a more accurate explanation of the
symptoms, and how you might reproduce the analysis.

> Temporary disabling caps for *known* domains is something I could do
> in my infrastructure.
> It doesn't solve the root cause ...

The root cause is a dynamic DNS configuration, possibly with
load-balancers, where some of the back-end servers report a different
SOA and deny the MX.  That's likely all the help you can get on this list,
you now need to take this up with the owner/operator of the domain
in question.

--
    Viktor.