[dns-operations] [Ext] Signing on the fly and UltraDNS

Dave Lawrence tale at dd.org
Tue Jan 5 20:28:05 UTC 2021

Paul Hoffman writes:
> I started this thread with:
>    dig +dnssec +noidnout anynameyouwant.house.gov a
> Try that without the +noidnout option.

Interesting.  FWIW at first I saw no problem, because my MacBook has
an older version of dig in /usr/bin.  On my server with 9.16.10,
though, the problem appears.

At first glance I'd say that's a dig bug, but I do appreciate your
point that, even if categorized that way, it is still the kind of
potential problem that producers of such records would want to be
aware.