[dns-operations] [Ext] Signing on the fly and UltraDNS

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Tue Jan 5 07:21:01 UTC 2021

On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 08:07:16AM +0100, Vladimír Čunát wrote:

> Off the top of my head, I don't even now how exactly is the escaping
> specified in RFCs.

That's easy, any *non-digit* character can be escaped with a preceding
"\", or alternatively as a 3-digit *decimal* \DDD sequence.

The text in 1035 is:

    \X              where X is any character other than a digit (0-9), is
                    used to quote that character so that its special meaning
                    does not apply.  For example, "\." can be used to place
                    a dot character in a label.

    \DDD            where each D is a digit is the octet corresponding to
                    the decimal number described by DDD.  The resulting
                    octet is assumed to be text and is not checked for
                    special meaning.

--
    Viktor.