[dns-operations] anybody awake over at comcast.net?

Peterson (AWS), Alec alecpete at amazon.com
Wed Feb 10 03:47:10 UTC 2021

Hey Matt, sorry we missed your forum post, we do need to stay on top of those.

There are actually 2 hours of overlap, not 1.  For the zone I just provided, here is the previous and current RRSIG:

DNSKEY 13 2 3600 20210209010000 20210208150000 38680 hilander.com<http://hilander.com>. J5WR2nU1Gl3xI5ehHBsnI7OXiThuYZKc1XpV6brYf85BgurOcZkb5+6eLbsvV+ykODaPrEnEIDu/HRYcaIRrNg==
DNSKEY 13 2 3600 20210209090000 20210208230000 38680 hilander.com<http://hilander.com>. 735uL43A++phhPv/edwq02zANvAfEsas1j9HM+ghe+t7b6FLCAF6RZfXA9L+TBukYmhIkPiF87GbHDWXmETBNQ==

So when we roll the signature over, the one that we were previously using still has 2 hours of validity, not 1 hour.  So using your example, we would roll it over at 2300, not 0000, giving us room for 1 hour of clock skew.  Think that’s reasonable.

Alec