[dns-operations] What is the reason of J-Root doesn't serve the arpa zone?

Yasuhiro Orange Morishita / 森下泰宏 yasuhiro at jprs.co.jp
Sun Dec 5 16:42:42 UTC 2021

Hi Duane-san,

I'm also an Internet old timer, so I know that the root servers also
served com / org / net before.  But I didn't know why J-Root don't
provide arpa zone.  Thank you for your clarification and it is so
interesting.

I tweeted the summary of your explanation in Japanese:
<https://twitter.com/OrangeMorishita/status/1467525559807016960>

And I heard from another person that J-Root holds the arpa zone, but
not delegated.  It is also interesting.

-- Orange

--
Yasuhiro 'Orange' Morishita <yasuhiro at jprs.co.jp>