[dns-operations] [Ext] Historical reminiscences (was Re: nsec vs nsec3 use)

Dave Lawrence tale at dd.org
Thu Apr 15 18:21:34 UTC 2021

Paul Vixie writes:
> do you know for a fact that someone who argued the GDPR case was in
> fact carrying water for verisign?

No, I don't.  To be clear that is not what I was asserting.  "Carrying
water" has a derogatory connotation that has never been in my mind
about this whole thing, either then or now.

I just saw it as a useful alliance, and that to my ear the GDPR reason
played more of a supporting role.   Perhaps I am wrong about that; I
am only sharing my independent perception.