[dns-operations] systemd resolved ignores specified root

Derek Wilson jderekwilson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:30:53 UTC 2020

https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8967#issuecomment-391459667

Apparently the trailing dot "thing" never hits the wire?

At some point if all DNS clients start doing ridiculous things, do we worry
that it will break server side operations? At what point do clients abusing
protocols start becoming a problem for systems (like DNS) they misuse/abuse?

I probably yelled too much in that thread for it to be effective (sorry),
but maybe someone here has a back channel to systemd-resolved folks and can
advocate for proper handling of trailing dots?

Or maybe I'm bothered over nothing - in which case I'd love to be convinced.