[dns-operations] QTYPEs 65 and 65479

Petr Špaček petr.spacek at nic.cz
Wed Sep 16 08:31:38 UTC 2020

On 16. 09. 20 10:04, Greg Choules via dns-operations wrote:> Recently, whilst looking for something else, tcpdump on one of our recursive servers showed we are receiving queries with (from its point of view) unrecognised types. Wireshark doesn't have a decode for them yet either. There aren't many, yet. But it's more than just noise.

QTYPE 65 is new HTTPS Binding RR type. (https://www.iana.org/go/draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-https-00)

65479 is in Private use range so it is hard to tell. (See https://www.iana.org/assignments/dns-parameters/dns-parameters.xhtml)

--
Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC