[dns-operations] which breakage is this? FreeBSD.org / systemd-resolved

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Fri Oct 30 01:43:28 UTC 2020

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 09:21:56PM -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Yes, I used that, the host output was shorter to paste into an email.
> systemd-resolved is on 127.0.0.53 as a host-local resolver, so the
> details of transport to it are pretty irrelevant: this is systemd
> rejecting answers which two other implementations of validating
> resolvers, on the local network, accept just fine.

There are many such defects in systemd-resolved, get in line...

There's also an apparent attitude that the broken use-cases don't
matter.  So it is not clear that anything can be done in the short term.
Much patience and consistent pressure from multiple parties will be
required to get the issues acknowledged and resolved.

--
    Viktor.