Blocked in Kazakhstan, Who To Contact?

Anthony Eden anthony.eden at dnsimple.com
Sat Oct 10 21:17:19 UTC 2020

Several months ago we (DNSimple) received an email to our support
telling us to take down a domain that they said had illegal content in
their country or they would block our name servers in their entirety.
We pointed the sender to our take down policy and they responded
saying that they didn't care, they were going to block us. A few days
later we received a report from a customer indicating they could no
longer resolve domains we provide DNS for in Kazakhstan.

The domain has since moved on to Google DNS, and so I reached back out
to the person who originally wrote us informing them that the domain
is no longer in our system, could they please remove the block, to
which they responded "too bad".

Has anyone else dealt with a country-wide block like this, especially
coming from a source that appears to have no connection with the
country in question? If so, is there a specific action you had to take
to get the block removed?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden