[dns-operations] Blocked in Kazakhstan, Who To Contact?

Pavel Starosek starosekpd at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 14:00:21 UTC 2020

Hello,

I sent a request to the Ministry of Information and Social Development
of Kazakhstan:

https://dialog.egov.kz/questioncontroller/view?id=651546

According to their response, the IP addresses of your NS-servers have
been unblocked.

I did a little check, and domain libsyn.com, which was not resolved
before due to unavailable NS-servers (
https://ping-admin.ru/free_test/result/1605001447mq551410e32o75cy3k6338.html
), now starts resolving correctly (
https://ping-admin.ru/free_test/result/1606225136dtlr349596107s6l5e19md.html
).

Please check from your side, whether the traffic has increased from IP
addresses assigned to Kazakhstan.

11.10.2020 3:17, anthony.eden at dnsimple.com (Anthony Eden) пишет:
> Several months ago we (DNSimple) received an email to our support
> telling us to take down a domain that they said had illegal content in
> their country or they would block our name servers in their entirety.
> We pointed the sender to our take down policy and they responded
> saying that they didn't care, they were going to block us. A few days
> later we received a report from a customer indicating they could no
> longer resolve domains we provide DNS for in Kazakhstan.
>
> The domain has since moved on to Google DNS, and so I reached back out
> to the person who originally wrote us informing them that the domain
> is no longer in our system, could they please remove the block, to
> which they responded "too bad".
>
> Has anyone else dealt with a country-wide block like this, especially
> coming from a source that appears to have no connection with the
> country in question? If so, is there a specific action you had to take
> to get the block removed?
>
> Thanks for any help in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> Anthony Eden