[dns-operations] Cloudflare account sub-domain validation

John W. O'Brien obrienjw at upenn.edu
Thu Nov 12 21:59:44 UTC 2020

Hello DNS Operations,

Is there somebody here from Cloudflare with whom I could converse,
online or off, about CDN accounts and domain validation?

The problem I'm facing is that account ownership of domains is limited
to the second-level domain. Or maybe to the zone cut. I'm not sure.
Either way, that leads to predictable high jinx when a highly
decentralized organization shares a complex name space under a single,
second-level domain.

Is there a technical constraint at play here? A legal or regulatory one?

I want to be able to validate foo.example.com and bar.example.com (and
baz.quux.example.com, for that matter) under separate accounts. Is that
too much to ask, and if so, why?

Fond regards,
John