[dns-operations] [Ext] Re: Contingency plans for the next Root KSK Ceremony

Kim Davies kim.davies at iana.org
Tue Mar 31 05:11:52 UTC 2020

Quoting Bob Harold on Monday March 30, 2020:
> Just wondering, have you asked if 3 of the TCR's might be willing to
> actually come?  With enough protections, would that be possible

We've re-validated the availability of TCRs and others who had already
committed to come. Some have withdrawn, either for personal reasons or
government/company restrictions, and some are impacted by unavailability
of air travel.

Importantly, it is hard to predict with any certainty how the situation
will continue to evolve.

At this time, our assessment is we don't have a high confidence we can
meet normal quorums for attendance. If the prognosis improves in the
coming weeks that could be revised, but we want to plan for a minimal
ceremony and identify how to best mitigate potential concerns with the
approach.

kim