[dns-operations] Any DNAME usage experience?

Vladimír Čunát vladimir.cunat+ietf at nic.cz
Sun Mar 29 17:09:27 UTC 2020

Hello.

On 3/29/20 1:23 PM, Meir Kraushar via dns-operations wrote:
> If any compatibility issues, client side problems, resolvers etc?..

If the DNAME should reside in a signed zone, you may expect some
resolver issues, though probably not too often (I'm unable to really
estimate how much).  I know about breakage of that case in Knot Resolver
and Cloudflare's 1.1.1.1.

Support in Knot Resolver has been on my todo list for a long time, and
I'm quite sad we still don't provide it (though demand seems relatively
low).  https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/knot/knot-resolver/issues/234

Cloudflare's service shares ancestry with us - perhaps they're more
interesting for you, as I expect their "market share" is higher.
(Estimates I've seen were on the order of 1% but I've only seen
estimates for providers, not for implementations.)

--Vladimir