[dns-operations] [Ext] Re: Contingency plans for the next Root KSK Ceremony

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Mar 27 00:48:07 UTC 2020

On 3/26/20 4:21 PM, Kim Davies wrote:
> we are facing scenarios where we may not have a choice but to do it
> in this manner.

What restrictions are in place that would prevent something that is
critical to the current functionality of the Internet?

Sure, there may be resistance from ignorant people.  But that's the
thing about some ignorance, it can be corrected through education.

Granted, it may take time to do said correction / education.

I fail to see how any government would prevent the necessary parties
from attending if / when they fully understand the need.  Especially
when some of said governments have directives ~> mandates for use of DNSSEC.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die