[dns-operations] Public resolvers with EDNS Client Subnet

Brian Somers bsomers at opendns.com
Wed Jun 24 22:54:59 UTC 2020

It’s not a list I’m afraid, but the OpenDNS/Cisco resolvers do ECS.
The opt-in is with the authority although we plan to look at making this
happen automatically at some point, as managing a list of authorities
Is becoming quite a burden.

When we receive ECS from a client, we ignore it unless the prefixlen
Is zero (in which case we don’t send ECS upstream).  This is as a
result of being contractually obliged to disallow client ECS probing.

Our opt-in config is based on the nameserver and/or the zone.
This gives us flexibility but can cause problems when the upstream
changes some of their nameserver names...

Not sure if this is helpful.

—
Brian