[dns-operations] RFC 6975 (was: Re: Algorithm 5 and 7 trends (please move to 8 or 13))

Brian Somers bsomers at opendns.com
Wed Jun 3 05:18:14 UTC 2020

On May 28, 2020, at 10:35 PM, Viktor Dukhovni <ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> wrote:

> Enough time has passed since the need to abandon SHA-1 has become
> more pressing to discern at least a couple short-term trend-lines.

Along these lines, have any of the large resolvers implemented
RFC 6975 (DAU/DHU/N3U EDNS codes)?  OpenDNS/Cisco
enabled these a couple of weeks ago but had to disable them
pending qq.com being fixed (its nameservers returned
SERVFAIL).  Now that the fix is there, we’re planning to turn
it up again at the end of the week.

Just curious about its adoption… it feels like we testing new
waters here.

—
Brian