[dns-operations] [Ext] Something happening in the root?

Ray Bellis ray at isc.org
Thu Jan 30 13:30:23 UTC 2020

On 30/01/2020 11:19, Bill Woodcock wrote:

> So it’s been a week…  Cloudflare folks, have you published a post-incident analysis yet?

ISC has scheduled a post-mortem meeting with Cloudflare during NANOG.

We won't be publishing anything before then, but in practise any public
report is unlikely to say much that wasn't already disclosed on the day
 (see my email of 21:44 UTC on 2020/01/23).

The one detail I can add now is that we only received reports of one
(unnamed) resolver implementation being affected and that its failure to
cope was also considered a bug.  It was only the combination of the two
bugs together that caused any operational issue.

cheers,

Ray