[dns-operations] Google DNS Admin

Daniel Corbe daniel at corbe.net
Wed Jan 8 14:50:24 UTC 2020

8.8.8.8 is returning SERVFAIL from my location.

]$ host ns.as57335.net 8.8.8.8
Using domain server:
Name: 8.8.8.8
Address: 8.8.8.8#53
Aliases:

Host ns.as57335.net not found: 2(SERVFAIL)

$ dig @8.8.8.8 ns.as57335.net

; <<>> DiG 9.11.3-1ubuntu1.11-Ubuntu <<>> @8.8.8.8 ns.as57335.net
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 26732
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ns.as57335.net.                        IN      A

;; Query time: 13 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Wed Jan 08 14:50:05 UTC 2020
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 43