[dns-operations] Monitoring for impending expiration of domains?

Maarten Bosteels maarten.lists at bosteels.eu
Sun Dec 13 20:05:04 UTC 2020

Hi,

I fully agree with Steve that domain names have a peculiar value. Perhaps
the purchase price has become too low?

If your domain is important to you, most registries offer a service to
protect your registration from all kinds of mistakes and attacks.
The name and exact details of this service differ from registry to registry

Verisign calls it Registry Lock:
https://www.verisign.com/en_US/channel-resources/domain-registry-products/registry-lock/index.xhtml
For .be it is called Domain Guard:
https://www.dnsbelgium.be/en/domain-guard