[dns-operations] New OARC Chat Platform

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at senki.org
Tue Aug 25 13:52:38 UTC 2020

>> On Aug 25, 2020, at 06:44, Keith Mitchell <keith at dns-oarc.net> wrote:
> Slack logs everything, and the only confidentiality guarantees you get
> are their standard click-through contract. Once you are signed up the
> relationship is sticky and hard to migrate away from should there be issues.

Is this validated? I’m in dialog with Slack to do a 2020 update of this document:

Slack Security Questions for Industry Trust Groups
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z5bRMBNCE0NG8MKQ8rz4KXMWy76qskf1eYzumZVruGc/edit

Can we see the security risk assessment that OARC has done with Slack? That would be contrasted with the parallel risk assessment for MatterMost.

This is not in defense of Slack. This is putting forward that too many times “security” is used to justify a desire.