[dns-operations] mail.protection.outlook.com

Dave Lawrence tale at dd.org
Mon Apr 20 19:16:55 UTC 2020

Brian Somers writes:
> Heh, mail.protection.outlook.com has consumed many hours of my time
> in the past month :(

The actual MTA itself is a bit vexsome, as well. I've had a message
stuck in queue for several days now because "lost connection ... while
sending message body".

Even thought the message is legit, I'm guessing it is somehow failing
one of their "protection" checks but that it is not giving any useful
feedback, much like what we're up against with Mark's
draft-ietf-dnsop-no-response-issue.  Repeatedly causing a network
layer failure in response to some policy at the protocol/application
layer isn't helpful.