[dns-operations] OpenDNS, Google, Nominet - New delegation update failure mode

Steven Miller steve at idrathernotsay.com
Sat Apr 4 16:18:51 UTC 2020

Also, the whole point of the DNS was to eliminate a flat namespace (the old hosts.txt file, for the three people here old enough to remember that!), so if the barriers to entry for new TLDs are low, everyone gets one, and now we have a large, flat namespace again. There are some operations costs to the root operators (not huge, but there) as well.

Those are all mild oversimplifications, but the idea is basically right.

    -Steve