[dns-operations] OpenDNS, Google, Nominet - New delegation update failure mode

Tessa Plum tessa at plum.ovh
Sat Apr 4 12:32:39 UTC 2020

On 2020/4/4 2:59 下午, Ralf Weber wrote:
> I actually agree with you that most domains are bad and especially that
> most
> new domains are bad. But from my experience takedown on authorities
> takes so
> long (weeks and months) that the additional NS TTL doesn’t really matter.

I have a question, why does domain name have to be assigned by ICANN?
I expect everyone could have his/her own domain name, naming is freedom.

If I choose to have a .plum domain, I will need to apply from ICANN and
pay for 180k USD. I even can't understand for this, why choosing a name
for myself would have that much cost?

regards.