[dns-operations] OpenDNS, Google, Nominet - New delegation update failure mode

Ralf Weber dns at fl1ger.de
Fri Apr 3 15:59:31 UTC 2020

Moin!

On 3 Apr 2020, at 14:15, Shumon Huque wrote:
> Folks may be interested in this proposal, Paul Vixie, Ralph Dolmans, and I
> have been working on, to cause resolvers to deterministically prefer the
> child NS set, while avoiding the problem you mention in the last paragraph:
>
>    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-huque-dnsop-ns-revalidation-01
>
> I realize some implementers (Petr Spacek?) do not agree, but on balance we
> think this is what resolvers should do.
Well it was you think and others (including me) disagree for valid reasons.
There is absolutely no reason to issue queries for some validation, when
you already got good results.

I see this is a workaround for people to lazy to update the delegations,
and put more complexity and work on resolvers.

So long
-Ralf
—--
Ralf Weber