[dns-operations] [meta] some emails on this list being sent out as EML attachments

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Apr 2 22:40:06 UTC 2020

On 4/2/20 3:02 PM, Sadiq Saif wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> Can someone tell me what causes this?

Yep.

> I've been on Mailman based mailing lists for a while and I've not
> seen this particular behaviour in so far as I can recall.

It's how the dns-operations mailing list is configured to deal with
DMARC protected domains.

Rather than alter the message as it passes through the mailing list, the
dns-operations list operators have chosen to have Mailman attach the
original message as an RFC standard eml message.

I expect that my reply will behave this way.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die