[dns-operations] OpenDNS, Google, Nominet - New delegation update failure mode

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Thu Apr 2 20:19:08 UTC 2020

Thank you for the response. I think it is dependent on the node, since I
still see it failing sometimes:

dig @8.8.4.4 shopdisney.co.uk ns

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> @8.8.4.4 shopdisney.co.uk ns
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 48385
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;shopdisney.co.uk.		IN	NS