[dns-operations] solutions for DDoS mitigation of DNS

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Thu Apr 2 19:09:31 UTC 2020

On Thursday, 2 April 2020 11:28:51 UTC Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 02, 2020 at 03:06:17PM +0800,
>  Tessa Plum <tessa at plum.ovh> wrote
>
>  a message of 18 lines which said:
> > I never knew BCP38 before. I will try to study it.
>
> BCP38 is Good, *but* it protects others against you. So, to be
> protected, you need the *others* to implement it.

BCP38 is excellent for technical readers. a retelling of the BCP38 story meant
for less-technical readers such as C-level or board risk committees is here:

https://dl.acm.org/doi/pdf/10.1145/2578902?download=true

which refers to this, which was also intended for less-technical readers:

https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/sac-004-en.pdf

--
Paul