[dns-operations] solutions for DDoS mitigation of DNS

Davey Song songlinjian at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 13:42:45 UTC 2020

> I think we can put the devices in our own network to protect such attacks.

Sorry. I think no such kind of devices effective for your university, IMHO.
Usually anti-DoS solution providers are able to undertake huge amont
traffic and clean them bacause they can utilize huge amout of network
resouce like bandwidth, strong load-balancer and clusters, muliple IDC in
different regions etc.

In your case, the bottleneck is on the server and its interface.  You can
build your nameserver clusters with free software as I suggested.

Davey