[dns-operations] use-application-dns.net

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Mon Sep 9 15:58:11 UTC 2019

Hi Thomas,

it’s possible to do this with RPZ in BIND (and possibly others), we will put up a KB article for that, but meanwhile you can try doing following...

add this to named.conf:

response-policy { zone rpz; };
zone rpz {
    type master;
    file "rpz.db";
};

and rpz.db should be something like this:

$TTL	604800
rpz.	IN	SOA	localhost. root.localhost. (1 604800 86400 2419200 604800 )
rpz.	IN	NS	localhost.
use-application-dns.net.rpz. CNAME .

(DISCLAIMER: There might be typos in there somewhere…  I’ll post the link to the KB article with step-by-step howto later today)

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý
ondrej at sury.org