[dns-operations] Save the date: ICANN DNS Symposium (IDS) 2020

Matt Larson matt.larson at icann.org
Fri Oct 18 15:35:18 UTC 2019

[cid:2C03D4CD-467D-4E8D-8041-FCA94EDEECEB]

Dear colleagues,

It is my pleasure to invite you to save the date for our fourth ICANN DNS Symposium (IDS 2020)<https://www.icann.org/ids>, to be held 7-8 May 2020 in Paris, France at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center<https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/parst-paris-marriott-rive-gauche-hotel-and-conference-center/> hotel. IDS 2020 is co-locating with the fifth GDD Industry Summit<https://www.icann.org/gddsummit> (3-6 May 2020), the Registration Operations Workshop<http://regiops.net/> (6 May) and the OARC 33<https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/34/> workshop (9-10 May) hosted by DNS-OARC<https://www.dns-oarc.net/>.

The theme for the ICANN DNS Symposium (IDS) 2020 is: "DNS ecosystem security: we're all in this together". As the DNS protocol and its ecosystem have matured, the risk tradeoffs and threat landscape have evolved with it. IDS 2020 will focus on measurements and mitigation measures driven by continued progress led by community work.

The first day will focus on measurements and statistics of all aspects of the DNS ecosystem. We expect to cover topics of interest for people from Internet service provider communities to application developers, and folks with registrar, registries, registrants and user perspectives.

The second day of the IDS will focus on changes in technology, protocols and operations, and the effects those changes have on the DNS for good or ill.

A call for presentations will be posted early next year. Visit https://www.icann.org/ids for more information on the venue and previous IDS events.

Thanks, and we hope to see you there!

Matt
--