[dns-operations] glitch on [ip6|in-addr].arpa?

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Thu Oct 10 17:08:22 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 10:51:06PM -0400, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> I still see no answers from C or F from NYC via a Hurrican Electric
> GRE tunnel, since my ISP (Verizon FiOS) still does not provide
> native IPv6. :-(

Ray Bellis reached out asking me test a fix for F root's IPv6
reachability, and indeed (at least for me and also DNSViz) it is
better now.  Many thanks to Ray for the prompt resolution!

This leaves just "C"'s IPv6 address not reachable from HE's networks.
Like Warren, I am quite surprised to learn that the IPv6 backbone
has such gaps in 2019.  We're expected to *prefer* IPv6, but in
reality one is a masochist to do so, (my server prefers V4). :-(

--
	Viktor.