[dns-operations] Root and critical dns server caching

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Sat Nov 9 21:41:10 UTC 2019

> On 9 Nov 2019, at 03:00, Mehmet Akcin <mehmet at akcin.net> wrote:
>
> Hey there
>
> I am trying to improve the performance of tlds in various parts of the world as part of a project.
>
> Besides PCH, who else I can get a hold of these days to have local caches of DNS? I am focusing on Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Colombia and Chile

Mehmet,

NIC.br <http://nic.br/> already runs .br instances in a dozen cities in Brazil, at the same it sponsors server equipment for ICANN to run L-Root in almost the same locations (remember your previous life ? ;-).
Verisign (http://www.verisigninc.com/rirs <http://www.verisigninc.com/rirs>) also has a few locations in Brazil, and considering root zone, .br and VRSN TLDs, most DNS traffic of interest to Brazilians can be resolved locally.

Rubens