[dns-operations] good async DNS library

manu tman chantr4 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 21:53:03 UTC 2019

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 11:41 AM Matthew Pounsett <matt at conundrum.com>
wrote:

> What one actually needs to do there, for decent testing code, is to
> write an entirely new helper method that takes care of timeouts,
> fallback from UDP to TCP, etc..   That middle ground is what's missing
> from (that part of) the library.

Agreed. For doh-proxy we ended up writing a small asyncio wrapper around
dnspython. It is **far** from being great, but it does the job of being
able to use  asyncio and dnspython:
https://github.com/facebookexperimental/doh-proxy/blob/master/dohproxy/server_protocol.py#L32

I am going to cut a GH issue and see if there is any interest in merging
this in dnspython as a starting point and then people can iterate on it
from there.

Manu