[dns-operations] Custom DNS server as backend for authoritative DNS server

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Mar 21 11:24:57 UTC 2019

> What if you use 3 nameservers. One Bind with recursion and forwarding to your
> normal auth-backend with forward zone for "." and a second forwarding for zone
> "yourspecialzone" to your special-backend? That would be similar to dnsdist
> setup.

Casey wanted an authoritative-only setup, so the requirements can't be met
with recursion or forwarding. I don't think it can be done with vanilla
BIND.

Tony.
Bailey: Southwest 5 to 7, backing south or southeast 7 to severe gale 9, then
veering southwest severe gale 9 to violent storm 11 later. Rough or very
rough, becoming high or very high. Rain or wintry showers. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor.