[dns-operations] DNS Tools for testing DNS delegations

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Tue Mar 19 15:46:39 UTC 2019

Ian Marne (imarne) writes:
> Dear subscribers of DNS oarc,
>
> Currently I am doing a preparatory study for my bachelor thesis regarding tools for testing DNS delegations. The best ones I’ve found so far are Zonemaster and DNSViz. Does someone know about other similar tools that could be of interest for comparison?

	Hi Ian,

	You could give doc a shot:

	http://www.shub-internet.org/brad/dns/index.html
	(ftp://ftp.shub-internet.org/pub/shub/brad/dns/doc-2.2.3.tar.bz2)

	... it's ancient and has never heard of DNSSEC, but it still works great to
	root out discrepancies in delegations (including badly synchronized
	secondaries and mismatches in parent/child NSsets).

	Cheers,
	Phil