[dns-operations] Questions on DNS Flag day 2020 proposal

Davey Song songlinjian at gmail.com
Mon Jun 17 09:40:04 UTC 2019

> The so-far technical details for authoritative are on:
>
>   <http://dnsflagday.net/#action-authoritative-dns-operators>

I got it. Different from Flag day of EDNS,  Flag day for TCP seems having
more mandatory pressure on resolver other than authoritative server if they
do not update. Non-compliant authoritative serve stay in the same situation
suffered from IPv6 fragmentation issue. Their situation become better by
following the same pace of resolvers' change. So the flag day model for
authoritative is acceptable. They join and benefit. They quit and stay the
same.

OK. I got a good clue to explain to my Chinese colleagues at least for
authoritative server operators. I think the fake news on ZDNET causing the
major panic. It is a shame for them.

Davey