[dns-operations] .PL DNSSEC broken again

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Mon Jun 17 08:49:34 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 09:48:04AM +0200, bert hubert wrote:

> This is not good for DNSSEC > validation adoption. I hope .pl can
> look into this urgently.

I also don't think it is productive to hold DNSSEC to a higher
expectation of uptime that other technologies whose occasional
outages we seem to accept without a similar fuss.

[ Large parts of the Google cloud failed for multiple hours quite
  recently.  I don't recall much consternation about cloud-service
  adoption. ]

The .ET TLD looked down from my vantage point for a few hours some
days back, for reasons unrelated to DNSSEC, and though it is perhaps
less popular than Poland, and has just two NS hosts on the same
/24, nobody said a thing:

    197.156.74.192    a.nic.et
    197.156.74.193    b.nic.et

All kinds of outages happen, monitoring and a 24-hour NOC are key,
from as many vantage points as practical if you're a TLD zone.

--
	Viktor.