[dns-operations] is glue expected in this case?

Karthikeyan Ravichandran Karthikeyan.Ravichandran at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 24 17:15:19 UTC 2019

That said, the glue for name servers do complicate cases where a zone is re-delegated to different name servers. Of particular interest is cases where a zone has lots of changes between name servers/providers, one technique I have seen being used is to control the A record of the name server with a small TTL so that the name servers can be switched rapidly if the dns records are not consistent on both the source and the target name servers / providers. This technique obviously falls flat when A records are returned as glue records by the TLDs as a % of traffic can go to the name servers returned as glue records and these typically have huge TTLs.

Wondering what other techniques to achieve fast rollback of a delegation change for a zone

Karthik