[dns-operations] Flush DNSSEC from Cache

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Wed Dec 18 15:23:41 UTC 2019

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 9:10 AM Jay, Tim via dns-operations
<dns-operations at dns-oarc.net> wrote:

> [...]

Flushed from Google's 8.8.8.8 resolvers....

Cloudflare provides a page at https://cloudflare-dns.com/purge-cache/
-- I clicked some buttons there, and so it should be flushed from
1.1.1.1 as well...

A few years back Joe Abley and I had written "A Mechanism for
Remote-Triggered DNS Cache Flushes (DNS FLUSH)"
(draft-jabley-dnsop-dns-flush-00), and "Requirements for a Mechanism
for Remote-Triggered DNS Cache Flushes"
(draft-jabley-dnsop-flush-reqs-00). I've also got a draft,
presentation and some PoC code for creating a "DNS exchange" (a
concept similar to an IXP, but for DNS). This would allow sharing of
zonefiles, and also the ability to request cache flushes through an
automated, authenticated system. Other projects got in the way, but
I've been meaning to get back to this sometime...