[dns-operations] saveroot on GitHub

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Thu Dec 5 18:40:55 UTC 2019

I have done the fettling required to publish my root zone archive.
Get it while it is stale, rotten, and stinkin' from:

https://github.com/fanf2/saveroot/

It turns out that (1a) you can't push a 150MB root.jnl file to GitHub, but
(1b) split and cat exist; (2a) you can host a 100GB repository on GitHub,
but on the other hand (2b) you can't push a multi-GB repository to GitHub
in one go, but on the gripping hand (2c) it is possible to push in 14
stages of 1000 commits each, with a bit of scripting...

Tony.
Dogger, Fisher, German Bight: Southwest 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale
9 at first. Rough or very rough. Occasional rain. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor.