[dns-operations] RFC8080 Support

Matt Nordhoff lists at mn0.us
Wed Aug 7 19:17:35 UTC 2019

On Wed, Aug 7, 2019 at 6:09 PM A. Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I asked my registry about $subject. Answer: "not so many TLDs support Ed25519/Ed448 DNSSEC keys today, we'll consider support later"
> So I like to ask which TLDs are known to support these keys today or in the near future.
>
> nl. is a known example: they delegate the domain ed25519.nl using type 15 keys only.
>
> are there others?
>
> Andreas

https://ed25519.ch/ is another known example, so you can add SWITCH to
the list. :-) (They may not support it for CDS, though.)

The ten TLDs in Luis E. Muñoz's email cover a lot of the major TLD
backend operators -- CentralNic, Google, Neustar, and Neustar's
subsidiary ARI.

I'm told that Afilias also supports Ed25519.

As for operators that don't support it:

Nominet doesn't support it, last I tried it, and according to their
current documentation. [1]

I've heard that EURid (.eu) and Verisign don't support it.

Most of my information is months old, though. Things may have improved.

[1]: <https://registrars.nominet.uk/gtlds/gtld-registrar-systems/dnssec/>
--
Matt Nordhoff