[dns-operations] Help for DNS queries in webservice

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Tue Aug 6 03:18:25 UTC 2019

New gTLDs are not "strange." You may not be familiar with them, but that
just means you have something to learn.  :)

They also don't have "poor networks." By and large they are all run by
the same set of around 10 or so companies, which all have a for-profit
model. None of them would stay in business if they had "poor networks."

As others pointed out you almost certainly have problems in your code.
Net::DNS has a timeout handler, but it is inelegant, and does not tell
you anything about the reason. If you need a more robust solution you
should handle the socket work yourself, and place alarms around your
network calls so that you can handle timeouts, and diagnose the reasons
with more information to work with.

hope this helps,

Doug