[dns-operations] Strange behavior of google public resolver

Puneet Sood puneets at google.com
Thu Apr 18 22:20:01 UTC 2019

Hello fellow DNS opsen,

Thanks for pointing out the incorrect behavior on part of Google
Public DNS for rv.u/NS where it returned a SERVFAIL response instead
of NOERROR response with AD bit turned off.

This was due to a bug in our latest release. We are rolling out a fix
today which should be completely rolled out by 1000 hours UTC tomorrow
morning.

In case you still see similar validation failures after that time,
please reply to this thread with details. (I am subscribed to the list
now.)

Thanks,
Puneet