[dns-operations] Strange behavior of google public resolver

Taras Heichenko tasic at hostmaster.ua
Thu Apr 18 10:00:10 UTC 2019

Thank to all for the answers.

Viktor, I know that it is really old algorithm and that it must not be used. But this domain is out of my scope and
I can only strongly recommend to the domain's admin. That I did and do again and again. But the question was other.

I think that we have found the reason of such behavior. It is prices of dnsmadeeasy:

5M Queries /month за $30
10M Queries /month за $60
50M Queries /month за $1500.

I think that google exceed some rates and is blocked by dnsmadeeasy. And it gets answer
only from ba1.ns.ua. I have only one unresolved question. Does not google's recursive resolver
cache answers from authoritative servers? Why does it give right answer so rare?

--
Best regards

Taras Heichenko
tasic at hostmaster.ua