[dns-operations] Re: [dns-operations] 答复: [dns-operations] More Aggressive prefetch for popular names

m3047 m3047 at m3047.net
Fri Apr 5 16:11:04 UTC 2019

You've articulated different stakeholders, and I'm not sure that their
interests are truly aligned in all cases. What do you want to do about
that?

1) If you're in a close enough relationship with an authoritative NS
operator to receive NOTIFYs, then they can (are) going to essentially set
you up as a slave operator.

1a) What motivates me as an authoritative to shard my DNS into zones so
that the names I want prefetched are minimally contained? Are there
examples in the wild of anyone doing this?

1b) What motivates me as a caching/recursive resolver to want to run a
slave, and why some domains and not others?

2) A resolver operator is getting requests to do aggressive prefetch
(stating it as a given for the purposes of testing the hypothesis): from
who?

2a) Is this the authoritative operator who is requesting, and why?

2b) Is this clients of my resolver(s) who are requesting, and why?

3) How would this be different from running a local instance of some other
recursive operator's offering, and letting them have the responsibility
for managing the relationships?

--

Fred Morris